Sunday 1 May 2016

Card for men

Hello everyone

Today I thought I'd show a card using my new dies I've bought from Crafters Companion.  I fell in love with them when I first saw them being demonstrated on Hochanda as I could think of so many different variations I could make.  Men are so difficult to make for, aren't they? So again, using Crafters Companion blog as inspiration, I followed Sara's instructions.


I started off taking 2 pieces of black card and using a Crafters Companion wood grain embossing folder and Sara's Just for Men Clocks embossing folder embossed them both. I used silver and copper gilding wax and gently rubbed over the embossed clocks and also the wood grain. The wax makes the embossing really stand out and shows the folders to their best.
  

Taking some copper coloured and silver mirri board I cut out the tool set from the Just for Men collection.  These are really clever and cut all the different parts separately (except for the spanner) so you can make them in various different colour ways.




Using the Happy Birthday embossing folder which has sentiments all over it I embossed the black card and cut out the words I wanted and put gilding wax over them.  

I mounted a black card with matching copper mirri board then put the embossed cards on.  Where the join was I put ribbon on to hide it, but I forgot to put the ribbon on before I matted it onto the mirri!  Next time I'll make sure I do!  I placed the tools where I wanted them and mounted the sentiments onto silver mirri and placed them over the tools, using Collall Glue.

For the insert I used a pale orange (it looks a bit brighter than it actually is!) and used the sentiment die from the Just for Men package.


Because I could I popped the screwdriver on the opposite page of the insert.

I love this set and shall definitely be using them again.

Thank you for looking.

Liz x

2 comments:

Linda said...

Great design x

liz said...

Thanks Linda. I hope my sons enjoy them too. xxx