Thursday 26 November 2015

Birthday card

Hello


Today I want to show you a first birthday card I made for my youngest grandson, Rory.  I can't believe he is one already!  Where does the time go?

I used the Jayne Nestorenko Cute Companions Patchwork Numbers stamp and coloured both the number and sentiment with my watercolour pencils.  I then went over the star and and all the yellow using my Spectrum Noir Sparkle clear pen for a very subtle sparkle.


I then stamped, coloured and cut out various characters from the CC World of Beatrix Potter stamps.  I used Jemima Puddle-duck for the goose and chicks, Apple Dapply's Nursery Rhymes for the little mouse with the jam tarts, The Tale of Peter Rabbit for Peter and for the large robin and The Tale of Mrs Tiggy-winkle for the small robin on top of the number one.



I matted and layered the number onto dark blue and then pale blue card and placed in the middle of a 6" x 6" Centura Pearl card.


I positioned the various characters around the card as shown.  I'm still not sure whether I should have either put another character in the middle on the left or taken Jemima Puddle-duck out of the middle on the right.  What do you think?



I finished it off with an insert from the Peter Rabbit CD and stamped the sentiment on using a stamp I bought in Australia. 

Thank you for looking.

Liz x 

No comments: