Monday 21 September 2015

Door stops

Hello

I first saw Debbie Shore when she was demonstrating on Create and Craft.  She always made everything look so easy and she would make items in the hour, which I found very interesting!

One of the items made by Debbie Shore was a door stop in the shape of a cube, made with hessian and decorated with various ribbons.



This was one of my first efforts which I gave to my son and daughter-in-law.  As you can see its just decorated with different types of ribbons and some appliqué, anything you want.  




This was was made for my daughter and son-in-law.  Their colour scheme has green and purple in it and my son-in-law is a bit of a Goth (I think that's how you describe it) and likes skulls etc. but you can see how different it looks.




When my son and daughter-in-law were married, the people at whose premises were used were so helpful and kind that my son and daughter-in-law wanted a little present to give them to say thank you so they asked me to make an appropriate coloured door stop.  This was the end result.  Apparently they were over the moon about it, so I was glad.

To stuff the door stop I used ordinary toy stuffing and weighted it down with a rice envelope in the base.

Thank you for looking.

Liz x

No comments: